Monday 19 July 2010

Such sweet uneventful countryside: Essex - willingly to Willingale

The late great poet Sir John Betjeman referred to the sweet uneventful countryside of Essex.  He had a fantasy of being a station master at Blake Hall station, near Ongar, then on the Central line, where he would write his poetry and enjoy the peace of the place.  I went for an evening drive yesterday near Ongar and enjoyed the glorious weather, the peaceful paths and looking at the fine fields.  The presence of the Lord was my portion as I walked in green pastures and listened to the wind in the lofty Lombardy trees.

I took many photographs of my pilgrimage to Willingale.  I hope you enjoy my selection of them.

St Christopher's Church, Willingale
St Andrew's and All Saints' Church, Willingale
St Christopher's Church, Willingale

The graveyard and former Bell Public House, Willingale


Cricket at Willingale

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour