Friday 30 July 2010

I love Oxford, city of dreaming spires

Yes, I love Oxford. I love its architecture, its beauty, its history and its amazing charm.  I have so many happy memories of learning, lectures, libraries, leisurely luncheons, tutorials, fellowship, formal hall dinners, debates, discussions, candid conversations, college events, wonderful walks, reading books and spiritual experiences.

On Wednesday I took my elderly mother around some of my old haunts. It was another special day.
We visited the Oxford Union, Christ Church Meadow, the footpaths by the Cherwell and Isis, the alleged oldest coffee shop in the world (in the High Street), the Bodleian Library and St Giles. It's a pity we didn't have time to visit the Ashmolean Museum, the oldest public museum in the world.
www.ashmolean.org/

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour