Saturday 2 July 2016

But there is beauty and cultural heritage in Tilbury. Go to the Fort!

Just by Tilbury town, a really crap one by my standards, you can find beauty and cultural heritage, historical building and lovely views.

Go to the Tilbury Fort and see for yourself. I nearly gave up on it. It was not an easy drive, and bike riding secondary school truants (it was between two and three in the afternoon) by paths near the World's End pub made me feel uneasy as I drove down the lane to the Fort's car park.

As I walked around the grounds of Tilbury Fort I saw beauty in many places. Beauty, it is said, is in the eye of the beholder, and I beheld some beautiful sights and views at Tilbury Fort, for sure.




























And let's not forget good Queen Bess and her famous Tilbury speech



No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour