Monday 16 May 2011

CS Lewis' house in Risinghurst, near Oxford

On my way home from Oxford I decided to see the home of CS Lewis.  Having read many of his letters and books, I wondered where The Kilns was situated near Headington Quarry.  When I was at Regent's Park College, as a postgraduate student, I met a young lady who was a custodian of CS Lewis' house in Risinghurst.  I recall that she wished to undertake postgraduate studies in apologetics and CS Lewis' thought.

Today I telephoned the number on the gate and spoke to one of the current custodians, who is a member of the CS Lewis Foundation.  I asked permission to take some photographs, gave her my card and expressed a keen interest in the CSL Foundation.  It was a very pleasant May evening and here are the photographs.









No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour