Sunday 25 April 2010

Luftslottet som Spra"ngdes

I've just seen the Swedish film of The Girl who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Luftslottet som Spra"ngdes).  It is very good, but it is not as good as the book. That's usually the case.  (Some Inspector Morse TV programmes are arguably the exception.)  If you enjoyed the book then I don't think that you'll be too disappointed.  The film when it is released will be a tremendous success in the UK.  It will have English subtitles.  (Dubbing is an abomination!) The book is currently at the top of the fiction charts, which is no surprise at all. Hollywood will no doubt make an English language version of the Millennium Trilogy. The Swedish version will be a hard act to follow.  I'll be very surprised if the American film comes close to this Swedish production.  In my opinion, the Wallender TV programmes, in the original Swedish, are vastly superior to the BBC version with Kenneth Branagh.

I thought photographs of Stockholm's Central Station may be of interest.  Perhaps you will remember my photographs when you see the film.

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour