Wednesday 2 September 2015

The decline of the Brethren in Havering.


I have had to correct and revise my previous post as I have found that a Brethren assembly in Havering exists. The Brethren movement is not extinct in the London Borough of Havering. The Collier Row Gospel Hall is, as far as I now know, the only Brethren assembly in my area. They are no longer part of the Christian landscape in the Hornchurch area, where they were particularly a force to be reckoned with.

Update
I thought that I had found another Brethren assembly in the London Borough of Havering, at Rainham, Essex, RM13, in the south end of the borough. There was, it seems, a Brethren fellowship at the Gospel Hall in Cowper Road. Today it is apparently in the hands of Praise Communion, a Christian charity established to advance the Christian faith and tackle poverty. It is not a Brethren organization.
6 September 2015 at 19:52

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour