Monday 4 July 2011

Wonderful long weekend at High Leigh, which looks better than ever.

This past weekend I spent many happy hours at High Leigh, near Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.  I have been going there to various church events since the 1980s, and it is better than it has ever been.  The grounds are beautiful.

We had perfect weather and it was a joy to get up early to walk in the gardens, on the lawns and in the quiet places by the ponds.




I have selected some photographs taken at different times of day and I enjoyed the changes in the light and conditions.  Memorable, happy days in early July.

My younger son fell in this pond when he was two years old.

My older son loved playing in the bushes on the left and started a Bush Club in the 1980s.
The Oak Room at High Leigh




Taken very early on Saturday morning 2/7/11

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour