Thursday 8 May 2014

Cambridge: an away day at "the other place"

When I was at Oxford we referred to Cambridge as "the other place". I like Cambridge very much, and it has many delightful aspects and I hope that you enjoy the attached photographs taken yesterday. (But Oxford has a very special place in my heart and I really love Oxford. Please see my blogs with many photographs of Oxford.)  The weather in Cambridge was sometimes clement, but very changeable with bright sunny spells, blustery conditions, chilly winds and occasional showers.





The horse chestnut trees are so magnificent in May.

Looking towards St John's College, Cambridge







The weeping willows are wonderful at this time of year on the banks of the Cam.
The Backs are beautiful, especially in May.




King's College Chapel, English architecture at its best? Sublime splendour!




The side streets are so charming.




An example of student bolshie bike parking, right where it asks for bicycles not to be left here in front of the notice board. This bicycle is the right colour though, Cambridge blue.

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour