Thursday 22 May 2014

At Oxford, City of Dreaming Spires and Special Delights

Yesterday I went back to one of my favourite places, Oxford. What a delight to be there in the merry month of May, fourth week in Trinity Term! The weather was fine, so I was rejoicing as I walked by the ancient colleges, along splendid streets and architectural wonders.

The Ashmolean Museum has improved so much, and I was amazed to see how much better it is since it re-opened in 2009. I had a wonderful time there yesterday afternoon. Tremendous!






The roof garden restaurant is recommended.



I am a life member of the Oxford Union.


The Goodman Room


A view from the Goodman Room



Today's Oxford Union debate



St. Giles' Church, Oxford from the graveyard


The Quaker Meeting House in St Giles, Oxford



Helwys Hall, Regent's Park College, Oxford

I was privileged to have been a post graduate student at Regent's Park College.
The RPC crest over the Principal's lodgings in St. Giles, Oxford.  The college motto comes from 1 Thessalonians 5:21, "test everything; hold fast what is good."

The RPC flag flying above the Oxfam Bookshop on the corner of Pusey Street, Oxford




Anyone for croquet?

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour