Saturday 31 May 2008

West Wales

At last I have posted some pictures of Wales. I rejoice in the beauty of West Wales. I particularly love the coastal scenery and have spent many happy hours walking the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. One of my favourite walks is from St Bride's Haven to Broadhaven. The inns of Littlehaven have provided good food and drink. I love the beaches at Marloes, Broadhaven, Druidstone, Nolton and Newgale. They are outstandingly beautiful. Sunsets at Broadhaven have been memorable. The coastal scenery around St David's Head and views out to Ramsey Island (Ynys Dewi) are wonderful.

I have just visited West Wales and enjoyed walking along the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path again. I have inserted photographs of some of my favourite places in West Wales. I hope you enjoy looking at the photographs of Pembrokeshire and Cardiganshire.

St David's Cathedral was built in a valley, so it was not seen from the sea by the Vikings and other invaders. It has been a centre for faith and culture for many years and a place of pilgrimage.

No comments:

Dedham

Dedham
River Stour